Can i be fired for clogged toilets?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

My employer is accusing me of leaving the toilet in a disgusting state which I have not done at all. They are seeking termination despite my testimony. Other employees are using the same toilet area and there are different stools there.

1. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, you can be fired for clogging the toilet. You can also be fired for not clogging a toilet. So long as your employer is not discriminating against you because of your age, religion, national origin, gender or sexual preference. he or she may fire you. I

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . Unless you have a contract, you are an at-will employee and therefore can be fired for any reason or no reason so long as it is not an unconstitutional reason such as based on race, gender, religion, etc.

3. Vincent Peter White

Answered . Yes, although it is unfair and ridiculous, it would be legal in New York State to fire you for that unless, perhaps, the toilet clog was as a result of some disability you suffer from.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now