Can i be fired for assumption being made by client without a investigation

Scottsbluff, NE |
Filed under: Professional ethics

i was using clients car he was aware of it i had two new tires put on and had it serviced i had gotten pulled over and car got impounded .. car was in parents name so client had told his parents he didn't give me permission,, i was fired without any questioning from me . in turn another agency has been telling future clients there side of story, I have worked for this group for 12 plus years never had any complaints and never have been fired from a job,, what are my rights

I don't think this is an ethics question. It's not clear from your post what kind of job or profession you are involved in, or what you mean when you refer to your "clients" and the "group" you have worked for. If you are an independent contractor who gets jobs through an agency, then you rights may be different from those of an employee who has been improperly terminated. I am changing the "Practice area" for your question to Employment/Labor, because that seems to be closer to the nature of your question. That way, lawyers who handle employment law cases and wrongful termination cases may see your post.

Every person and every case is unique and the information I provide on this forum is not a substitute for consulting with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction to obtain appropriate legal advice specific to your situation. Any information I have provided is of a general nature. It is not legal advice and should not be construed as such. I am unable to give you legal advice on this forum. Further, I am not your lawyer and by providing information on this forum, I am not agreeing to enter an attorney-client relationship with you. Communications on this forum are not privileged or confidential and should not be treated as such. It is unwise to disclose information of a confidential or personal nature on this forum. If you are unable to afford an attorney in a criminal matter, the court should be able to appoint counsel for you at no cost to you. Also, most state bar associations can provide contact information for free or low-cost legal advice.

Yes, in Nebraska an employee's rights are very limited. Not sure of your job, but really doubt it matters. Sorry.

Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one.

Professional ethics topics

Recommended articles about Professional ethics