Can i be emancipated from my father and not my motther

Asked about 2 years ago - Pompano Beach, FL

my father left me 15 years ago can i be emancipated from him and not my mother

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Daniel A. Bachert

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . No, you are either emancipated or you are not.


    Daniel Bachert, Esq.
    The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
    330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
    West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
    (561) 653-3951

    Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a... more
  2. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . No.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  3. Brent Allan Rose

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . No. Your father's rights can be terminated, but that would have to be done by your mother, not you, and it would have to involve you being adopted by your stepfather, if you have one.

    The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy),... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,038 answers this week

2,891 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,038 answers this week

2,891 attorneys answering