Can i be deported back to my country?

Asked over 2 years ago - Coral Springs, FL

Well I don't have my SS and i'm a young illegal immigrant but now im 18 years old and i have been here since 5 or less. I really need a worker permit and well i took someone's mail and got caught but i had to do some community hours to be cleared of record in case. I commited the crime when i was 16 and it should be cleared when im 18. Can the people who does the deporting view it if its suppose to be clear? could it happen? Im in high school still.

What can Been done?

Additional information

Obama to halt deportation of some illegal immigrants,0,4408241.story

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Scott Douglas Devore

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The answer to your questions is maybe. It really depends on what the crime was and how you were charged. You may be able to benefit from the recent announcement by PResident Obama anoud halting the deportation of people your age and giving them deferred action and ultimately a work permit. Unfortunately, your criminal issue needs to be investigated by a good immigration attorney to see if you are going to be eligible.

  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you are without legal immigration status you can be deported. The likelihood of deportation goes up if you have a criminal history.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Nicklaus James Misiti

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You really need an attorney. Are your parents or relatives able to afford one? Even minor criminal convictions can have deleterious effect on a persons immigration status, particularly when they entered illegally. My firm handles criminal immigration matters.
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Deportation process

The deportation process can be long and frustrating, but there are some important things to remember as you navigate the immigration courts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,106 answers this week

3,444 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,106 answers this week

3,444 attorneys answering