Can i be deported back to my country?

Asked over 2 years ago - Coral Springs, FL

Well I don't have my SS and i'm a young illegal immigrant but now im 18 years old and i have been here since 5 or less. I really need a worker permit and well i took someone's mail and got caught but i had to do some community hours to be cleared of record in case. I commited the crime when i was 16 and it should be cleared when im 18. Can the people who does the deporting view it if its suppose to be clear? could it happen? Im in high school still.

What can Been done?

Obama to halt deportation of some illegal immigrants

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/la-pn-obama-to-order-immunity-for-young-illegal-immigrants-20120615,0,4408241.story

1. Scott Douglas Devore

3

Answered . The answer to your questions is maybe. It really depends on what the crime was and how you were charged. You may be able to benefit from the recent announcement by PResident Obama anoud halting the deportation of people your age and giving them deferred action and ultimately a work permit. Unfortunately, your criminal issue needs to be investigated by a good immigration attorney to see if you are going to be eligible.

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . If you are without legal immigration status you can be deported. The likelihood of deportation goes up if you have a criminal history.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

3. Nicklaus James Misiti

3

Answered . You really need an attorney. Are your parents or relatives able to afford one? Even minor criminal convictions can have deleterious effect on a persons immigration status, particularly when they entered illegally. My firm handles criminal immigration matters.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407