Can I be denied employment with the state if I have a no fault car accident on my driving record?

Philadelphia, PA |

I was involved in a single car, no fault accident. No charges were filed and no points were added to my license. Can I be denied employment based on this?

1. I think you need to speak with an employment lawyer. Good luck.

2. They may have guidelines and you must have failed to meet those guidelines. You should ask for the guidelines.

3. This is an employment law or administrative law questions, not one for a car accident forum.

4. Yes. There is nothing illegal here.

5. First, in Pennsylvania you can be denied employment for virtually any reason, since this is an at will state. Only illegal reasons are not permissible, i.e. race. Second, if you are seeking a job that involves driving, yes, I could see you being denied employment based on it. It will entirely depend on the situation. However, you might want to speak to an employment attorney, and you asked this question in the car accident section. I will move it to employment for you.

For a free consultation related to medical malpractice, personal injury, workers' compensation, social security disability or nursing home abuse, please contact Lowenthal & Abrams, PC at 1-800-876-5299. I am licensed in Pennsylvania, but members of my firm are licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance. I am licensed to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania.