Can I be convicted of contributing to a minor if there is no evidence?

Paris, TN |

I had a warrant for contributing to a minor from a liquor store on the 4th or 5th of this month. I was nowhere near said liquor store on those dates, but I did carry my drunk friend (she's 17) home on one of those nights. What will I be charged with if anything?

Contact an attorney right away and discuss it with him or her. You don't have to be near the liquor store to have the charge sustained by a court.

The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney client relationship. To establish such a relationship, the prospective client would need to meet with me in person, and have a detailed discussion about all the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.

You need to speak with a TN attorney.

Contact a criminal defense attorney to assist. There are many good ones here on AVVO, just select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.

I presume your warrant is for Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, in which case that would be the first charge based upon what I have read here. As to whether there might could be any other charges and what they could be, that depends upon a number of factors. You should contact an attorney in your area to discuss your case.

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law