Can I be convicted of contributing to a minor if there is no evidence?

Asked 11 months ago - Paris, TN

I had a warrant for contributing to a minor from a liquor store on the 4th or 5th of this month. I was nowhere near said liquor store on those dates, but I did carry my drunk friend (she's 17) home on one of those nights. What will I be charged with if anything?

1. Michael R Varble, Esq.

Pro

5

Answered . Contact an attorney right away and discuss it with him or her. You don't have to be near the liquor store to have the charge sustained by a court.

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

4

Answered . You need to speak with a TN attorney.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY
  3. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

3

Answered . Contact a criminal defense attorney to assist. There are many good ones here on AVVO, just select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.
  4. Nicholas William Lee

1

Answered . I presume your warrant is for Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, in which case that would be the first charge based upon what I have read here. As to whether there might could be any other charges and what they could be, that depends upon a number of factors. You should contact an attorney in your area to discuss your case.