Can i be convicted of a 1543b1 in pa after my 1 yr suspension was over?

My suspension was over 12-28-2011. I have not restored my license due to insurance issues and not completing my d&a assesment. I was charged in august of 2012 with a 1543b1. Can i still be convicted even tho my suspension is over or should it be a lesser charger of say a 1543a?

Brownsville, PA -

Zachary Cooper

Zachary Cooper

DUI / DWI Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

Until your license is restored by PENDOTT and you physically have your license back the DUI related suspension remains. I would contact an criminal defense attorney immediately and discuss all of your options.

Sponsored Listing
Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

Criminal Defense Attorney - Havertown, PA

I'm sorry to report but the DUI related suspension will continue until your license is restored. You should retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you.

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Wexford, PA

Your duspension is not over until you have taken the steps necessary for restoration and received your neely issued license. For that reason you could have a DUI-suspended license indefinitely.

Robert John Schefter Jr.

Robert John Schefter Jr.

DUI / DWI Attorney - York, PA

I agree with the other attorneys, it absolutely is a 1543(b) unless and until you have your license fully restored. The only additional comment I can offer is that you should hire an experienced attorney in your area, because there is a very small chance that he/she could negotiate a plea to a 1543(a) or otherwise under these circumstances where you have served the full DUI suspension. Again, this is not a legal challenge, but rather a plea for leniency. If this is not possible in your locale, ask your attorney about possible sentencing alternatives such as house arrest.

This is a response to a general question and is not legal advice and does not constitute legal representation.