Can I be charged with strong arm robbery when nothing was taken and I had no intentions on doing a robbery?

Spartanburg, SC |

I beat up someone and now im facing a strong arm robbery charge?

Apparently the person you beat up decided you took some property from him/her or at least told the authorities that you did. That the only thing whic occurred was some one got beat up is your version of the events.
Robberies are serious charges. Do not talk to cops w/o an attorney. They just want to get you to say anything they can use. Hire and attorney

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

I echo everything my colleague said, but I would add that you should not be admitting to facts in a public forum like this. Don't talk to ANYONE about your circumstances except an attorney. Good luck.

First: Anyone can be charged with anything.
Second: The question is, can you defend against the charge?
The answer to that question is, you probably cannot defend yourself effectively against the charges without an attorney.

You should see an attorney immediately. If you cannot afford an attorney, speak to the Spartanburg County Office of the Public Defender. The telephone number of the Spartanburg County Public Defender is 864-596-2561.

If you do not qualify for representation by the Office of the Public Defender, the staff there may be able to give you names and contact information for local criminal defense attorneys. You can also Google "Spartanburg County criminal defense attorneys" or check the Yellow Pages.

•The material on the site is made available with the understanding that this author is not engaged in providing professional legal advice. •Before relying on material on the site users should independently verify the accuracy, completeness and relevance for their purposes and obtain any appropriate professional legal advice. •The material on this site may include opinions, recommendations or other content from third parties that do not necessarily reflect this author's views. •Links to other Web sites are included for the user’s convenience and do not constitute this author's endorsement of the material on those sites, or any associated product or service. •The listing of a person or company in any part of this site in no way implies any form of endorsement by this author of products or services provided by that person or company. •The questioner is advised to consult an attorney for legal advice as to that person's particular situation.

If you rob someone without a gun, you may be charged with Strom Armed Robbery.
You should hire and attorney to help with because you are facing posible jail time, if convicted.

Paul Dezso de Holczer

Paul Dezso de Holczer

Nice pun.