Can I be charged with strong arm robbery when nothing was taken and I had no intentions on doing a robbery?

Asked over 2 years ago - Spartanburg, SC

I beat up someone and now im facing a strong arm robbery charge?

1. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

10

Answered . Apparently the person you beat up decided you took some property from him/her or at least told the authorities that you did. That the only thing whic occurred was some one got beat up is your version of the events.
    Robberies are serious charges. Do not talk to cops w/o an attorney. They just want to get you to say anything they can use. Hire and attorney

2. Paul Dezso de Holczer

5

Answered . First: Anyone can be charged with anything.
    Second: The question is, can you defend against the charge?
    The answer to that question is, you probably cannot defend yourself effectively against the charges without an attorney.

You should see an attorney immediately. If you cannot afford an attorney, speak to the Spartanburg County Office of the Public Defender. The telephone number of the Spartanburg County Public Defender is 864-596-2561.

If you do not qualify for representation by the Office of the Public Defender, the staff there may be able to give you names and contact information for local criminal defense attorneys. You can also Google "Spartanburg County criminal defense attorneys" or check the Yellow Pages.

3. Paul Dezso de Holczer

5

4. Joseph Preston Strom Jr.

4

Answered . If you rob someone without a gun, you may be charged with Strom Armed Robbery.
    You should hire and attorney to help with because you are facing posible jail time, if convicted.

5. Craig S Orent

Pro

5

Answered . I echo everything my colleague said, but I would add that you should not be admitting to facts in a public forum like this. Don't talk to ANYONE about your circumstances except an attorney. Good luck.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now