Can I be charged with a DUI/DWI? What will happen next?

Asked over 1 year ago - Monrovia, CA

I got into a car accident 2 weeks ago. It was early morning and I was tired because I suffer from sleeping problems. A car swerved into my lane, and to avoid from hitting them, I hit a wooden utility pole. The airbags deployed and front bumper was damaged. The cops came and breathalyzed 2-3 times and I blew 0.00 every time. However, they were unconvinced that I wasn't "on something" and even proceeded to ask my friend at the scene whether or not I did drugs through the span of our friendship. They wrote me for an "unsafe turn" infraction traffic ticket and let me go home. I am concerned with the fact that I may be falsely charged with DUI/DWI, and with the fact that I cannot seem to search up my case for the traffic ticket online anywhere.

1. Adrienne Patricia Allen

12

Answered . I'm not sure of the success of fighting the ticket since there is no other party involved to help prove the claim that they swerved into your lane. I agree it's not likely you will be charged with DUI. You would have been arrested at the scene. Good luck.

Pro

13

Answered . Highly unlikely with your 0.00 BAC, however, spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer to fight the ticket.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. George Costas Andriotis

11

Answered . Doesn't look like you could be charge with DUI for the crash based on those facts. I would also suggest getting a traffic attorney to fight the ticket.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

8

Answered . This shouldn't be a concern. Show up with your passenger witness to contest the ticket - it will be highly unlikely the police will be able to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt if you have a credible witness

5. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

9

Answered . If they did not do any blood test, it is highly unlikely that you will be charged with a dui/dwi/owi/drunk drivivg/drugged driving.

6. Kevin Coluccio

8

Answered . Based upon the facts you set forth, I would not think so, but, you should consult a local attorney.