Can i be charged by the Texas department of licensing and regulation of charges i was found not guilty of by a municipal judge?

Austin, TX |

2/18/2012 i was found not guilty of electrical contracor violation. 1/30/2013 i received a notice of allegged violation of electrical contracor by the Texas department of licensing and regulation. i won my case because i wasn't doing electrical work i was cleaning up the aftermath of the demolition. now the same allegations are being charged again. does double jeopardy apply here?

1. This is fairly complicated. There may not be an exact overlap between the charges or the prosecuting authorities. You really need an attorney to review this.
    Austin Probation Lawyer
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

2. I agree with Mr. Jones. This is a complicated situation. There is more than one authority involved, and there may be more than one set of rules or laws involved, and they may overlap or even contradict each other. You need to consult an attorney that is knowledgeable about all of these things.

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice. Every case is different, and they must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. David N. Smith 812 W. 11th Street, Suite 201 Austin TX 78701 (512) 457-0100 defenseattorneysmith.com