Can i be charged by the Texas department of licensing and regulation of charges i was found not guilty of by a municipal judge?

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

2/18/2012 i was found not guilty of electrical contracor violation. 1/30/2013 i received a notice of allegged violation of electrical contracor by the Texas department of licensing and regulation. i won my case because i wasn't doing electrical work i was cleaning up the aftermath of the demolition. now the same allegations are being charged again. does double jeopardy apply here?

1. Richard Timothy Jones

3

Answered . This is fairly complicated. There may not be an exact overlap between the charges or the prosecuting authorities. You really need an attorney to review this.
    Austin Probation Lawyer
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813

2. David N. Smith

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Jones. This is a complicated situation. There is more than one authority involved, and there may be more than one set of rules or laws involved, and they may overlap or even contradict each other. You need to consult an attorney that is knowledgeable about all of these things.