Can I be barred from the US for lying on a visa application?

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

My non-immigrant work permit was approved by change of status in the US. I went to the foreign consulate to get the stamp placed in my passport and was denied. I made a huge mistake, I mistakenly took my original job offer with me, and not the letter saying i was currently employed. I had the softcopy of the letter from my boss on my computer, but no signature, so I copied his signature from a scan of another document. I talked to my boss, and he was cool about it, but he said the consulate already called him. He told them I was employed, but he sounded like the letter was a surprise and he wasnt sure he handled it well.

1. Could that cause me to be barred from ever getting a visa again?
2. Would it come up on my immigrant file in the consulates system during future visa applications?

How can i know if there is fraud on my file? Would they have informed me when I was denied?

1. 16

Answered . Yes, there is a permanent bar for fraud. After a while, you may qualify for a waiver.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. 6

Answered . This is not a general question. You are asking for a consultation. No problem, but not on AVVO. AVVO is a free general legal information blog, not a substitute for legal advice. Hire an immigration attorney for that. As to the answer to a general question in the title of your post, yes, absolutely.

3. 3

Answered . The government takes fraud very seriously.

4. Answered . Yes