Skip to main content

Can i be arrested for a bench warrant issued in oklahoma when i live outside of oklahoma now.

Vicksburg, MS |

i was to relingquish my parental rights to an adopted child. i was told by welfare to appear in court or a bench warrant will be issued. they will not tell me why other than i need to sign the papers in court. this is not normal procedure. the summons does not say i have to appear. if a bench warrant is issued, would it be enforced in another state and taken back to oklahoma?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I would check with the OK court to see if there is a warrant. If there is one, it will be enforced in another state. If you are stopped for speeding (or any other minor traffic offense) in MS or another state the officer will run a check for warrants. If that OK warrant come up (and it should) you will be arrested and jailed, then extradited to OK. That is not a process you want to go through. Check on that warrant, and if you have one go to OK to get it taken care of.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer