Skip to main content

Can I be a webcam model in my home , with children present in the home but they are in a different room.....

White Springs, FL |
Filed under: Family law

My soon to be ex- husband says he can kick me out for it. Mind you we both used to do it together about 4 years ago. I am trying to make money so I can leave the terrible situation I am in. My two oldest kids will be in school and my baby will be taking naps when I go online.

Attorney Answers 3


I am not exactly sure what you mean by "webcam model", but I do have an idea.

Essentially, you can do whatever you want to earn a living as long as you are not breaking the law, have proper licensure and you pay your taxes. If web-cam modeling involves some type of illegal activity, the answer would be NO you should not do it, even if your children are living in another state. If what you are doing on the web cam involves nothing illegal, it is probably a better parenting practice to make sure you are doing it while the children are out of the house.

Be careful what information you put on this website. Information you post is not confidential. You may contact me for a free consultation.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


If a Judge finds out what you are doing to make a living, with children living there, you could lose custody of the kids.

Get a job that does not involve removing your clothes.

Best of luck.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


I agree with Carin. You could definitely have an extremely adverse impact on any time-sharing/custody type case. I think that it's because while you can arguably keep your children from seeing what you are doing, you can't hide them from the "lifestyle" that you've already chosen to embrace. Nothing good can come out of "that" line of work. It sucks people in with promises of money and leaves them homeless, addicted to drugs and working for a pimp. Don't work for a pimp. Turn the webcam off permanently.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics