Can i back out of moving if i signed a lease but i haven't moved yet

Orlando, FL |

I signed a lease to move in dated for the 18th but i haven't moved yet i had to come up with the prorated difference i told them i can have it by the first they told me to go ahead and sign the lease but on the first i still have to come up with the rent and the prorate amount. I'm wondering if i move on the first why do i all have to pay the prorate but i changed my mind and don't want to move can i back out and not move

1. If you've singed a lease agreement, then you are liable for that agreement since it is a binding contract, absent any language in the lease to the contrary (i.e. lease is conditioned upon acceptance, payment, etc.).

If you don't want to be bound by the lease, then I advise speaking with the complex to see if they will let you out of the lease. Some leases have liquidated damages clauses, wherein you can terminate the lease for a fee.

www.krrlaw.com

Note: The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.