Can I back out of a condo buying contract in florida miami

Asked almost 2 years ago - Miami, FL

I found out the condo is not Fannie Mae and would be hard to sell and get financing so I want to back out and the closing is may 15 I gave 10,000 deposit do I lose it all ?

1. 5

Answered . This will depend on the language in your contract. It is vital to have an attorney review your contract as soon as possible to identify any provisions that might allow you to back out of the contract. Many times, these kinds of provisions are time sensitive and require the buyer to act before deadlines that are specified in the contract.

Nina T. Marano, Esq.
    Bogin, Munns & Munns, P.A.
    (407) 578-1334
    nmarano@boginmunns.com
    www.boginmunns.com

2. 4

Answered . The answer to your question depends on the wording of the contract you signed. However, if the disapproval by Fannie Mae relates to a defect in the condominium documents rather than a physical defect in the property, you may be able to get your deposit back because the title is unmarketable. You should immediately consult an experienced real estate lawyer in your area.

3. 3

Answered . You need to talk to a real estate attorney about your options. You're saying that condo is not Fannie Mae. Only a loan may not be a Fannie or Freddie backed loan. The condo may not comply with the requirements for Fannie or Freddie loan because it does not carry the reserves that are required by Freddie or Fannie backed loans, for example. Talk to a real estate attorney, or post your question in a real estate section of Avvo.

4. 1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. I suggest that you have a real estate attorney review your contract to see what your options are.

Natalie Guerra-Valdes
    (954)764-7878
    nvaldes@valdeslawfirmpa.com
    www.valdeslawfirmpa.com