Can I avoid moving out of the counrty with my husband's job in 2 weeks if I ask for a separation?

Asked about 5 years ago - Severna Park, MD

I am due to move out of the counrty in 2 wks with a government move for my husband's job. If I ask for a separation, or that I don't want to leave the counrty due to the instability of our marriage, is it too late at this point because of it being a goverment move. He is a civilian working for the government, and everything has already been set in place for the move. Is it too far along in the process for me to avoid the move? We do have a child and the country we are moving to may be of importance.

1. Stuart Muntzing Skok

Answered . You are not required to move anywhere or agree to relocate your child, absent a court order or binding written agreement. But once you move, your rights to move your child back change depending on where you are located, the laws of that country. One option is to let your husband move initially without you and the child while you both sort out whether the marriage will continue.