Skip to main content

Can I attach a lien against a property held in trust in Arizona?

Cave Creek, AZ |

A client owes me money and I have a judgement against him but he is still not paying. The client owns property in Arizona but it is held under trust in his wife's name. Can I attach a lien against this property or what other options do I have to collect payment.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. you can only attach his interest in the trust. for example, if the trust has to pay him $500 / month then you can have the trustee pay you instead. if the client is not entitled to current distributions then there is nothing to attach.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics