Can I ask the judge who is dismissing my credit card case to dismiss with prejudice while in trial ? ?

Manassas, VA |

Can I ask the judge who is dismissing my credit card case to dismiss with prejudice while in trial ? ? Also if the statue of limitations is 5 years in Va does that mean another party can't file a suite against me either ? For the same account ?

1. The statute of limitations affects any who knew or should have known of a certain event, as of a certain date, based on circumstances. Whether a party may sue another depends on on the facts (when contract was written, when performance occureed, what the parties agreed to, how the instrument was executed etc. No way to crystal ball your circumstances on this side of the computer. Best of luck to you, although it sounds like you are winning your case.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.