Can I ask the judge who is dismissing my credit card case to dismiss with prejudice while in trial ? ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Manassas, VA

Can I ask the judge who is dismissing my credit card case to dismiss with prejudice while in trial ? ? Also if the statue of limitations is 5 years in Va does that mean another party can't file a suite against me either ? For the same account ?

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . The statute of limitations affects any who knew or should have known of a certain event, as of a certain date, based on circumstances. Whether a party may sue another depends on on the facts (when contract was written, when performance occureed, what the parties agreed to, how the instrument was executed etc. No way to crystal ball your circumstances on this side of the computer. Best of luck to you, although it sounds like you are winning your case.