Skip to main content

Can I ask the court to change my court day?

Orange, CA |

It is a felony case. First arraignment. But if I miss work on that day, I would surely be terminated from my job. My wife doesn't work.

Attorney Answers 3


Your attorney can possibly advance the case, but you must be present. Discuss this with your attorney - I'd the case is not filed by your arraignment date, there is nothing to appear on.

Mark as helpful

9 lawyers agree


Mr. Dane is correct. You might be able to advnce matter with help of an attorney- otherwise you have to appear. Your wife cannot appear for you.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


Your best bet if having your attorney advance the case because of that. If you don't show up, a bench warrant will be issued for you. Also, if you are out on bail, that may mean the bail bonds men will come after you.

If for some reason it does not get charges as a felony, than you can have an attorney make the appearance for you.

Please feel free to call me with any questions, I would be glad to answer them for you.

Elliot Zarabi

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics