Can I ask for another extension on my traffic ticket?

Asked 11 months ago - Pacoima, CA

I got a ticket on Aug 24 2013 and it was due on Nov 11 but I got an extension till Dec 16 2013. I still don't have the money to pay so I decided to write a letter asking for community service but I don't think it will get their on time. Can I ask for another extension if I tell them that I want community service. The reason I don't go to the court is because it is 3 hrs away.

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . You can try - however there is no guarantee that it will be granted. Try calling clerk of court. If you send mail, send fedex or ups next day delivery. You want to track letter. Make a copy of letter .

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY
  2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

2

Answered . You can always ask, but you will need a good reason. The distance to the courthouse is typically not a good reason. Good luck.