Can I ask for another extension on my traffic ticket?

Pacoima, CA |

I got a ticket on Aug 24 2013 and it was due on Nov 11 but I got an extension till Dec 16 2013. I still don't have the money to pay so I decided to write a letter asking for community service but I don't think it will get their on time. Can I ask for another extension if I tell them that I want community service. The reason I don't go to the court is because it is 3 hrs away.

1. You can try - however there is no guarantee that it will be granted. Try calling clerk of court. If you send mail, send fedex or ups next day delivery. You want to track letter. Make a copy of letter .

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY

2. You can always ask, but you will need a good reason. The distance to the courthouse is typically not a good reason. Good luck.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.