Can I ask for a pardon if I just got a feleony case dissmissed but my probation revoked?

Bakersfield, CA |

I was wondering if I could be issued a pardon.im a law abiding citizen.my misconduct was me not having my firearm permit to carry concealed,I'm not a violent offender and I haven't been to prison.i was thinking about becoming a correctional officer well going to school to train but I have a felony from 2010 and my probation was revoked 2013

You could ask the governor for whatever you'd like, but with your facts it is doubtul that you would get a pardon from a governor, to say nothing of qualifying for lesser forms of relief.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

You should consider getting off probation and using other statutes to clean your record that may get you to where you want to be. Look at California Penal Code section 1203.4. It may give you some answers. If you go that route you may reach your goal. A pardon is very difficult. From the few facts you set forth here it is doubtful that a pardon would be granted.

Every case is different. Specific facts of your case must be applied before relying on an answer to a general question. The answer given here is a general statement of the law on the issue that you presented in your question.

You see while I was being remanded I asked for a reinstatement Plus fines but it was denied.i don't kno if I'm on probation or if I'm a feleon.iff your knowledge what would a consider to be after I'm released from jail not prison

Your situation will be much easier to resolve if you hire a locally experienced defense attorney. It doesn't sound as if a pardon is the best route for you to take, but there may be other options available to you. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen

It is difficult to provide an answer on these limited facts. What firearm violation were you charged with, and have you been convicted. Depending on the specific facts you may be eligible for an expungement, but it is difficult to say if that would enable you to become a CO.

Carrying a concealed weapon withought registration.pc12025 I believe.

Michael S Parent

Michael S Parent

Have you been convicted? If not when was the arrest? That is an old code section.

I caught that charge in oct of 2010( I was grabbed over my fence that day.i took a deal for time served and 3years formal probation.out of 18 months on probation no misconduct but unpaid fines.i was revoked for penal code 29800.but later dissmissed.i signed for the time served 3years probation and fine.my probation search was used at another residence.they had a 12 gauge locked in a room a had no knowledge of. I do not know .by having my probation revoked wouldn't that mean I'm a convicted feleon?.

Michael S Parent

Michael S Parent

I am still unclear of the facts. If you were arrested for 29800 that would indicate that someone believes you are a convicted felon, but you said it was later dismissed. Why? Was the shotgun at the other residence a separate incident and if so were you arrested for 29800 or violation of probation terms? Maybe it would help if you contacted me directly.

This cop mainly does probation searches on me and tells me I have no rights that they can do whatever they want. He came at night during thanksgiving weekend to a family members house and wanted to conduct a search I said its not my residence he said but your hear and all I can remember from last time was he can do whatever he wants.i had no access to the house.another officer finds some keys and unlocked a door rented out to a guess.it wasn't stolen but just because I'm on probation doesn't mean that guess or any body in that house 4th admendment been waive.plus I ask if he ran any prints to determin if I even had knowledge if knowing it was there and he replyd no