Can I ask for a pardon if I just got a feleony case dissmissed but my probation revoked?

Asked about 1 year ago - Bakersfield, CA

I was wondering if I could be issued a pardon.im a law abiding citizen.my misconduct was me not having my firearm permit to carry concealed,I'm not a violent offender and I haven't been to prison.i was thinking about becoming a correctional officer well going to school to train but I have a felony from 2010 and my probation was revoked 2013

1. Michael S Parent

3

1

Answered . It is difficult to provide an answer on these limited facts. What firearm violation were you charged with, and have you been convicted. Depending on the specific facts you may be eligible for an expungement, but it is difficult to say if that would enable you to become a CO.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

3

Answered . You could ask the governor for whatever you'd like, but with your facts it is doubtul that you would get a pardon from a governor, to say nothing of qualifying for lesser forms of relief.

3. Jeffrey Dean Schwartz

3

Answered . You should consider getting off probation and using other statutes to clean your record that may get you to where you want to be. Look at California Penal Code section 1203.4. It may give you some answers. If you go that route you may reach your goal. A pardon is very difficult. From the few facts you set forth here it is doubtful that a pardon would be granted.

4. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

3

Answered . Your situation will be much easier to resolve if you hire a locally experienced defense attorney. It doesn't sound as if a pardon is the best route for you to take, but there may be other options available to you. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen