Skip to main content

Can I ask for a pardon if I just got a feleony case dissmissed but my probation revoked?

Bakersfield, CA |

I was wondering if I could be issued a a law abiding misconduct was me not having my firearm permit to carry concealed,I'm not a violent offender and I haven't been to prison.i was thinking about becoming a correctional officer well going to school to train but I have a felony from 2010 and my probation was revoked 2013

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You could ask the governor for whatever you'd like, but with your facts it is doubtul that you would get a pardon from a governor, to say nothing of qualifying for lesser forms of relief.

    No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

  2. You should consider getting off probation and using other statutes to clean your record that may get you to where you want to be. Look at California Penal Code section 1203.4. It may give you some answers. If you go that route you may reach your goal. A pardon is very difficult. From the few facts you set forth here it is doubtful that a pardon would be granted.

    Every case is different. Specific facts of your case must be applied before relying on an answer to a general question. The answer given here is a general statement of the law on the issue that you presented in your question.

  3. Your situation will be much easier to resolve if you hire a locally experienced defense attorney. It doesn't sound as if a pardon is the best route for you to take, but there may be other options available to you. Best of luck.

    Jasen Nielsen

  4. It is difficult to provide an answer on these limited facts. What firearm violation were you charged with, and have you been convicted. Depending on the specific facts you may be eligible for an expungement, but it is difficult to say if that would enable you to become a CO.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics