Skip to main content

Can I ask for a dismissal at pretrial

Lakeland, FL |
Filed under: Violent crime

I was falsely accused of 3 felony batteries.The victims have not showed up for depositions 1 of them refuses to participate in any legal action.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. You need to talk to your lawyer about this situation and what will happen at pretrial.

  2. Ask your lawyer! Why are you using an Internet site? If you don't trust your lawyer, hire a new one. It sounds like the case is going well for you

  3. I agree that you should ask your attorney. Most judges won't dismiss a case at pre-trial for lack of witness cooperation. They'll generally give the prosecutors until the morning of trial to produce their witnesses.

    Please be advised that my answer to this question is based on limited facts and offered solely for informational purposes. My answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Maria E. Castagliuolo can be contacted at 727-698-3634.

  4. I agree with my colleagues, you need to retain an attorney, if you have not previously done. Unfortunately, you need to file appropriate motions when seeking dismissal of charges, you simply cannot ask for it. Ultimately, I strongly doubt the State will simply drop the charges, especially in Polk County. Good luck.

    This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions

  5. Ask your lawyer!

    There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

    Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Violent crime topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics