Can I ask for a dismissal at pretrial

Asked about 1 year ago - Lakeland, FL

I was falsely accused of 3 felony batteries.The victims have not showed up for depositions 1 of them refuses to participate in any legal action.

1. George C. Mangrum

5

Answered . You need to talk to your lawyer about this situation and what will happen at pretrial.

2. Roger Scott Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . Ask your lawyer! Why are you using an Internet site? If you don't trust your lawyer, hire a new one. It sounds like the case is going well for you

3. Maria E Castagliuolo

5

Answered . I agree that you should ask your attorney. Most judges won't dismiss a case at pre-trial for lack of witness cooperation. They'll generally give the prosecutors until the morning of trial to produce their witnesses.

4. Jonathan Hackworth

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, you need to retain an attorney, if you have not previously done. Unfortunately, you need to file appropriate motions when seeking dismissal of charges, you simply cannot ask for it. Ultimately, I strongly doubt the State will simply drop the charges, especially in Polk County. Good luck.

5. James Regan

Pro

Answered . Ask your lawyer!

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.