Can i apply to get my passport reissued if I have an active Bench Warrant in PA.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Pennsylvania

I live in Canada presently and would be going to the US embassy in toronto. I dont wana waste money and time if I will be denied. I have an active bench warrant for .5g marijuana and failure to appear at court. I wish to get my passport and come home and face the charges. How could i go about this best. I Am Dual Citizen just FYI, born in CA though.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If its for issuance of a passport you should not have many challenges.
    You could probably go through the border if you have your evidence of your US citizenship.
    You are advised to contact a lawyer if you have further concerns.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,003 answers this week

2,955 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,003 answers this week

2,955 attorneys answering