Can i apply to become a permanent resident?

Asked 12 months ago - Charlotte, NC

I have been under TPS since 2001 and i'm currently in high school and i am 16 years old. I have already recieved a college acceptance letter. I haven't traveled out the country. I just want to become a permanent resident so that i can continue on my way to becoming a US Citizen. Also i want to become a lawyer and that requires for you to be a US Citizen.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

5

Answered . TPS is not a launching pad to LPR

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . You would be well served to consult with a lawyer regarding the specifics of your situation. You may well qualify under the proposed immigration reform and appear to be DACA eligible as well. You do not have to be a US citizen to practice law in this country but once you are eligible to naturalize, I certainly agree that you should. Good luck!

3. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

4

Answered . Under the current law you need either a qualifying relative or employer to petition for your. If you have any relatives that are your spouse, parent, child or sibling that are US citizens or lawful permanent residents or sibling that are US citizens you have some opportunity.

The proposed comprehensive immigration reform may provide some avenues but until it is law and the provisions of the law are known it is not possible to know if you have an avenue in the new law.

Consider having a consultation with an immigration attorney.

919.225.3963
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationNC.com