Can i apply for work permit myself?

Houston, TX |

I have applied for asylum and they referred me to the court my last hearing is in 2016.my attorney told me that i can apply for work permit while im waiting.can i do it myself or its better to do it with my attorney?and is there any fee for applying?

It's always best to work with an attorney - your attorney on the case.

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational purposes and does not take the place of a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Go through your attorney.

He/she can tell you if you qualify for a free work permit or not.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You can do it yourself, but I recommend that you discuss this with your attorney first.

Note: The above answer is for general informational purposes only. We are a full-service U.S. Immigration and Naturalization law firm, representing clients in all 50 states and worldwide. Tiffany Coburn, Esq., tcoburn@slattery-law.com, KEVIN D. SLATTERY, P.A., 4860 West Gandy Boulevard, Tampa, Florida 33611, Tel. (813)839-7474. Hablamos español.

Recommended articles about Immigration