Can I apply for the I-765 and I-131 after applying for the I-485?

Edison, NJ |

I'm applying for the I-485, but would like to apply for the I-765 and the I-131 at a later time. Would there be a fee if I do so? Is there a time limit on delaying the I-765 and I-131 application?

My attorney is going to file the I-485, but they are going to charge $300 to file the I-765 and another $300 for the I-131. That is why I was wondering if I could do it at a later time for free, after my attorney have submitted the I-485. Is this okay?

Do it at the same time as the I-485 ... there is no extra cost ... thus, no good reason for waiting.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Why wouldn't you apply at the same time? There's no fee when submitted based on an i485, but I really don't understand why you are waiting.

3. It is better to apply for them simultaneously.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.