Can I apply for the dream act???

Asked over 1 year ago - Herndon, VA

I came to the United States on Aug 20th of 2008. Will I be able to apply for dream act after Aug 20th of 2013, since its gonna be 5 years?

1. Ofelia L Calderon

3

Answered . It does not appear so as you have not resided continuously in the U.S. since June 15, 2007.

2. Natalia Polukhtin

4

Answered . It does not seem to me that you have been residing in this country for five years prior to June 15, 2012. So, if law and regs do not change, the answer to your question is no.

3. Haroen Calehr

Pro

3

Answered . The following criteria should be satisfied before an individual is considered for an exercise of prosecutorial discretion pursuant to this memorandum:
    • came to the United States under the age of sixteen;
    • has continuously resided in the United States for a least five years preceding the date of
    this memorandum and is present in the United States on the date ofthis memorandum; • is currently in school, has graduated from high school, has obtained a general education
    development certificate, or is an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or
    Armed Forces ofthe United States;
    • has not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, multiple
    misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise poses a threat to national security or public safety;
    and
    • is not above the age of thirty.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . Unfortunately you do not appear to qualify since you did not reside in the US since 15 June 2007