Can I apply for permanent residence as a surviving spouse based on the law the president signed on october, 28, 2009.

Bronx, NY |

I came to US on 1994 through mexico, brought by my then permanent resident husband; while here, a petition (i130) that he had filed on my behalf was approved; few months after this, he lost his life in a holdup in his place of work; i never left USA. A co-worker told me that she applied under a new law from oct-28-2009; her permanent resident husband died in dec-2009 and she said she applied under that law and already has her green card (she showed to me); does that law would apply to me, or is it only for persons which petitioner died after this law came into effect?

It's possible, you will need to go over the details of your case with an attorney. For a free consultation give me a call.
Regards,
Nick Misiti
Misiti Global
716 830 7960
misitiglobal@misitiglobal.com

Marriage and prenups topics