Can I apply for permanent residence as a surviving spouse based on the law the president signed on october, 28, 2009.

Asked over 3 years ago - Bronx, NY

I came to US on 1994 through mexico, brought by my then permanent resident husband; while here, a petition (i130) that he had filed on my behalf was approved; few months after this, he lost his life in a holdup in his place of work; i never left USA. A co-worker told me that she applied under a new law from oct-28-2009; her permanent resident husband died in dec-2009 and she said she applied under that law and already has her green card (she showed to me); does that law would apply to me, or is it only for persons which petitioner died after this law came into effect?

1. Nicklaus James Misiti

Answered . It's possible, you will need to go over the details of your case with an attorney. For a free consultation give me a call.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    716 830 7960
    misitiglobal@misitiglobal.com