Can i apply for my US Tax refund from outside US. ?

60608 |
Filed under: Tax law

Hi I was working in the US till August 2012 and then moved back to India. I am filing US tax return from india through turbo tax, can i get my refund in India ? Also, since i dont have an american bank account anymore, Can i give my friend's account number in the US where i can get a direct deposit of my refund?

talk to a US accountant or tax attorney

Contact Turbo Tax. I am confident that they have a mechanism for getting the refund to you one way or another. If not, look through the IRS documentation for methods of delivering a refund.

Total Mobility Law is an international law firm that lets companies do global business with the knowledge and confidence they need to comply in any country. Our answers on this site do not constitute legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship. The only thing that can do that is a signed Engagement Letter and Fee Agreement, which you can get by contacting us through www.totalmobilitylaw.com.

I agree with my colleagues. This is a tax question.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Tax law topics