Skip to main content

Can i apply for L1A visa or any other work visa(temporary for one year)?

Riverside, CA |

My name is Denal. Iam from India. I work for one US company in Riverside, CA. They have another branch in Mira Loma also. And my owner is my friend. Now it's one year working for him. I work from my home. He pays me through moneygram. It's a auto shop. Mainly their products are tires, wheels, and auto parts. Iam the one who makes orders for shop and taking care of all online sales. I have gone to china last month. We want to expand our business mainly online sales. And we want to create our own wheel brand (also tire brand if it's possible). For that i have to go there. Because through online it's not possible. If i go there, he can employ me as manager of company. And i have studied Bachelor degree in electronics & communication. But i didn't completed it because of family problem.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. In order to qualify for an L-1A visa, you must have worked as a manager or executive of an overseas parent, branch, affiliate or subsidiary of the company in US for at least one year in the past three years. You will probably have to seek other options aside from the L-1A.

  2. No, you do not qualify for an L-1A under the facts.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Immigration attorney, on a consultation with all the facts on the table, will be able to answer your questions. Look, you are not asking for general information. You are seeking a legal advise. IT should not be done on AVVO. Read AVVO community guidelines. Avvo is not for case specific legal advice.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  4. If you work from your home, where is your home? If you are working from India and the company has a US branch, you may qualify for a L1

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

  5. Not on the facts you give. L-1A requires, among other things a branch abroad.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  6. This sounds more like a global (China?) visa question than a US immigration law question. You probably need to find a US immigration lawyer who can assess your current US visa situation, if any, and describe the limits that might place upon you and the company, and then find someone to assist you with getting the right kind of visa needed to conduct whatever overseas business you have to conduct.

    This is not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship has been formed, now or in the future. This is just a casual opinion expressed about a hypothetical situation.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics