Can i apply for H4 visa while my H1B visa is still under administrative processing.

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

i went for H1B visa and got 221(g) from visa officer. on this form it say my application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made.
Can i apply for H4 visa and go for stamping while H1B visa is still under administrative processing.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . That depends on whether the H1 visa holder, your spouse, is still in good standing vis a vis the H1 visa he or she holds.

2. Elizabeth Diane Alvarez

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague that it depends on on the status of your spouse's visa. I also think it's important to make sure that you never do anything to endanger your status, so I would check with an immigration attorney. Take all the paperwork related to this and your spouse's visa and explain what you'd like to do.

3. Angelique Giselle Montes

Answered . You should consult an experienced immigration attorney before attempting to apply for an H4.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Is the H-1 administrative process pending at a US Consul? If so, I doubt that they'll give you an H-4.

Talk to the lawyer(s) involved (your company's for sure ... and possibly your husband's company's immigration lawyer).

Whatever you do do NOT talk to non-attorneys in HR.