Can I apply for H1B with an expired passport?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Leandro, CA

I just realized my passport expired in June 2012. My employer is gonna apply h1b for me in April 1, 2013. Can I apply for H1B with an expired passport? Currently on OPT and will remain in the US till I am able to work again in Oct 1.

1. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

4

Answered . Get an extension through your country's embassy in the US. Otherwise, the USCIS will ask for a copy of a valid passport once you file the H-1B application.

2. Kristina A. Gasson

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. I'd contact the embassy of consulate for your home country to learn the procedures for renewing your passport.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . I agree with my colleagues ... contact your embassy: http://www.embassy.org/embassies/