CAN I APPLY FOR H1B VISA,EVEN IF I LIVE IN THE USA?????

Dolton, IL |

I HOLD A BACHELOR DEGREE AND I PLANING TO ASK MY EMPLOYER TO BE MY SPONSORSHIP FOR H1B VISA,BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOME OPEN POSITIONS,I'VE BEEN WORKIMG FOR THEM FOR ALMOST 14 YEARS,IS THAT POSIBLE???????

1. I am assuming you have status AND are working without authorization. At this time your employer and you are in violation of immigration as well as Dept. Of Labor laws and regulations. You need to have your case reviewed by an immigration lawyer for possible remedies which are not obvious from your post.

2. I agree with my colleague.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Short answer is NO. For other viable immigration options seek an in person consultation. One short paragraph by any attorney on Avvo will be enough to impart you with understanding of your options at this time.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com