Can I apply for food stamps using Prima Facie notice?

Anaheim, CA |
Filed under: Immigration U visa

I live in California and im having a hard time financially since Im not yet allowed to work. I need to survive.

1. What do you mean by a prima facie notice?

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. Certain petitioners may qualify for some government benefits while they wait for the decision on their case. U visa and VAWA applicants, for example, are eligible for some benefits if otherwise qualify. The notice should state that it can be used for a certain amount to time (usually 180 days). You may want to consult an attorney so that they may answer this question as it pertains to your particular case.