Skip to main content

Can I apply for EB2 if I am outside of the US ? How long does the process take , since I am currently living in Europe ?

Chicago, IL |

Is it possible to apply as Eb2 , since I am a dental hygienist , with 10 years of experience. European citizen . How long does it take , the whole process? I am obligated to work for the same employer for more than 5 years ?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    An employer can sponsor you for a green card even though you are outside the U.S.

    Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  2. Talk to an immigraiton attorney. Many people use Skype for consultations. This may be the first, but not the last question you will have. Far from it.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. Yes, it is possible for an EMPLOYER to file an EB-2 for someone with a MASTERS DEGREE.

    Mr Segal is correct, you should have a Skype consultation with one of us.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  4. You cannot file your own EB2, you would need an employer. It is extremely unlikely that a dental hygienist requires a masters degree as a minimum requirement for entry into the job.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  5. An employer can file for you outside the United States. Consult an experienced immigration attorney to determine if you meet the requirements for an EB2.

    Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics