Can I apply for Deffered Action if I've lied about being a US Citizen?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Yorba Linda, CA

My freshmen year of high school I marked "yes" as a US Citizen while I took my PSAT/NMSQT. Those are government tests. I didn't know at the time that I was not a citizen. However, the year after I put that I was not. Will this affect my defered action application?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . No. It shouldn't. There are many kids who, unknowingly for the most part made the same mistake. It's not the end of the world. You later corrected it.
    Go ahead and apply for DACA. I would suggest getting some help filling out the forms, however.

2. Philip Alan Eichorn

4

Answered . Best to discuss this with a lawyer and not rely on a message board.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . You may apply for the DACA, however I would retain a professional counsel to make appropriate corrections and explanations to your prior immture actions.