Can I apply for Citizenship after 4 yrs of marriage but only 1yr of having my greencard

Naples, FL |

Am I eligible to apply for Citizenship if I have been married for 4 yrs or do i also need to have the green card for 3 yrs, i got my green card through marriage and i am still married to my husband

You are not eligible at this time. You must wait until you have been a lawful permanent resident for 3 years, and you must prove that you are still married to the same US citizen at the time that you apply for citizenship.

2. Read INA 319. You have to be LPR, at a minimum of 2 years and 9 months. That besides the myriad of other eligibility preconditions.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. To apply for citizenship based on marriage, you have to be an LPR for at least 3 years. The application may be filed 2 years and 9 months from your LPR status, and not a day sooner.

[This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]

4. You must have residency for 3 years AND be in a marital union with your US citizen spouse for that time. You can file 3 months early from the eligibility date.

5. You must have the green card for three years and be married to a US citizen.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

6. No. You meet the marriage requirement but you have not had your green card the required 3 years.