Can I apply for California's 'Certificate of Rehabilitation', if I was out of state for briefly?

Asked 12 months ago - Sacramento, CA

I left the state for a brief period to move my belongings back to California as well as attend Military training. Would that gap void my '5 year minimum'? I am currently residing in California now.

1. Greg Thomas Hill

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . I don't believe so, unless your being outside the state to retrieve your belongings exceeded what was reasonably necessary to do so. If you changed your voter registration, obtained a driver's license outside of California, paid income taxes to another state during that time, paid for utilities while retrieving your belongings, etc., it was too long and would void the five year requirement.

As to military training, I believe California must honor this as an exception, as it is furtherance of our national security. Thank you for your service (as one vet to another).

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Apply what is the worst that can happen, they tell you to wait another six months.