Can I apply for B1 visa before the end of two home country residence

Augusta, GA |
Filed under: B-1 business visa

I stayed in US for two years on j1 status then I left US back to my country on April 17th 2011. I need to travel for a conference on April 5th 2013.. can I apply for B1 visa before the end of two years home country residence

1. 212(e) requirement does not prohibit application for any type of non-immigrant visa. Of course, you will have to be prepared to produce a strong evidence of the absence of an immigrant intent, such as solid job, family ties, and property ownership in your home country. Make sure you prepare all documents explaining purpose of your training and state a precise anticipated date of your return. The fact that you will almost fullfil your 2YHHR by the time of your visa application should also help.

Nothing in this post shall be construed as a legal advice. If you need advice regarding your particular situation, please contact my office directly. This information is transferred without an intent to creat an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with my colleague.