Can I apply for asylum again after 14 years I've been denied when I came down from haiti but I was only 2 and im on tps

Asked about 2 months ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I've came here from haiti when I was 2 my family signed up for asylum but got denied I've been Living here for sixteen years I didn't know anything about this because I was kid. I've got a tps card but it doesn't do anything for me except me not getting deported. I dont know nothing about haiti I thought was born here but I wasn't I really want to stay here anf bea ccitizen

1. Joanne Tinsley

Pro

Answered . TPS for Haitians was extended in March of this year. If you re-applied by 5/2/2014, you are eligible for an EAD (work permit). Depending on your age and other factors, you may also be eligible for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. An asylum claim at this late date is probably not going to be approved unless you have a credible fear of prosecution and changed or extraordinary circumstances. If it is denied by USCIS, you will be put into removal proceedings. You have a complex case and should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to find out which options may be available to you.

2. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . If you can show that you are in danger of persecution you can try to apply. If you missed the one year filing deadline you may still be eligible for withholding of removal if you can show it is more likely than not that you will be persecuted in Haiti.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

Answered . A lot depends on a number of facts you did not disclose. You should talk to an immigration attorney in person.