Can I apply for adjustment of status and what happens if I overstay my parole?

Asked over 3 years ago - Pardeeville, WI

I married my husband, a US citizen after legal entry into the US on a visa waiver. We were in the process of applying for my adjustment of status when I had to return to my country for business. Before I left we filed the I130 which is still being processed. I thought my visa waiver was still valid and came back to the US where I have now been paroled for 30 days. Can we apply for a new adjustment of status including the I485? What are the consequences to overstaying parole?
Thank you

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes, you can reapply for adjustment of status if that's why you were paroled into the U.S.

    Please see

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,854 answers this week

2,740 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary