Can I apply for a second F-1 Visa ?

Asked 12 months ago - Dallas, TX

I've overstayed my F1 Visa with more than 5 months so I couldn't file a reinstatement, now i am back at my home country, and I want to know If I will be able to get another F1 visa to continues my studies in the USA or not.
I wasn't involved in any unlawful employment or didn't have any bad records of any kind, the overstay was mainly because a misunderstanding between me and my DSO.
Thank you

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Yes

2. F. J. Capriotti III

5

1

Answered . Yes, you can re-apply. It is up to the US Consul to decide if they give you another one.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Again, apply you can, but whether you'll actually obtain the visa is very much in doubt (an understatement ) based on the facts you cite here. But, don't take our word for it, just try and you shall see what you shall see. If you like the English language that much., why not apply for a student visa in Canada, UK or even Australia? It'll be cheaper and you'll end up speaking (and writing ) much better than most of us here, why not give it a try? Why this obsession with the US?