Can I apply for a public trust clearance if I was out of status last month (currently in status)?

Asked over 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

I held a public trust clearance when I was on OPT. I am currently going through the green card process and have a new EAD card and I am weeks away from our interview.
During my transition from F1 to resident, I was out of status for a year, but I did not leave the country.
Will this be an issue when applying for the public trust clearance? Where can I get clear information about the clearance where is concerns immigrants?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

1

Answered . You will have to inquire with the clearance granting authority.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Answered . Obtaining the level of security clearance you desire for the job should not be a problem once you obtain green card status. Once you are in green card status I don't think you'll be asked to explain any period(s) during which you fell or were out of status.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

1

Answered . You may apply for the clearance and the decision will be made with respect to all disclosed information whether you qualify with your background.

4. John K Lassen

1

1

Answered . Ask clearance granting authority

www.Bulgarianimmigrationlawyer.com

www.Immigration-lawyer-NJ.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630
    Alexander M. Ivakhnenko
    Alexander M. Ivakhnenko, Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL
    Posted over 1 year ago.

Exactly.