Skip to main content

Can I apply for a fresh L1A VISA from my native country after getting RFE for L1A conversion that was applied when I was in US?

Charlotte, NC |

I am currently working in US on L1B and my L1A conversion is already filed with USCIS. Want to know if I can head back to my country of citizenship after getting RFE and apply for L1A VISA.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    The petition will need to be approved before applying for the visa.


    Robert Brown LLC
    2330 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
    Durham, NC 27713

  2. You cannot apply for L1A either here or there. Only your employer can.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. Your employer's L-1A visa petition must be approved before you can apply for an L-1A visa abroad.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics