Can I apply for a fiancee visa if my fiancee has been deported after being convicted of felony identity fraud?

Long Beach, CA |
Filed under: Felony crime

He served a one year sentence then he was deported in November 2012. He was also convicted in 1989 of carrying a concealed weapon. His permanenent resident card was revoked then he was deported after serving 18 months.

You can apply for the visa but it will be turned down.

I think this is an immigration question. After being deported apparently twice client seeks a fiancee visa or other relief and has a criminal history including two felonies. Repost in immigration since you are seeking a visa or other relief. Good luck

I wouldn't waste your time or money.

You may both want to consider going to his home country, especially:

(a) that he has a prison conviction
(b) the tax rate in his home country may be as much as 20% better than the U.S.
(c) if you establish residency in his home country, you get an exclusion for U.S. tax purposes of over $90k.

Please remember to designate your question's BEST ANSWER.

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.