Can i apply for visitor visa extension second time?

Asked 12 months ago - San Jose, CA

My mother was in USA on visitor visa last year, we applied for visa extension, but she left before I94 date.
This year she is again in USA and I wish to apply for visa extension again since I need her to take care of my 2 young children since I am getting divorce with my husband i need to do job and cannot afford for daycares. Please guide can she get approval? And also I wish to apply for citizenship is there anyway that my mother can stay with me beyond the I94 date?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . She can apply, but whether it will be granted is more problematic. Please see

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

3

Answered . B-2 extension for child care will not be approved.

3. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

4

Answered . Yes, she can apply for another extension. Just make sure she submits the supporting documents including an explanation of her reasons to request an extension. Once you become a citizen, you will be able to petition for your mom. Whether she will have to go through consular processing or adjustment of status depends on whether she is in the US at the time you are ready to file for her.

609-271-3573. This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.