Can i apply for visitor visa extension second time?

San Jose, CA |

My mother was in USA on visitor visa last year, we applied for visa extension, but she left before I94 date.
This year she is again in USA and I wish to apply for visa extension again since I need her to take care of my 2 young children since I am getting divorce with my husband i need to do job and cannot afford for daycares. Please guide can she get approval? And also I wish to apply for citizenship is there anyway that my mother can stay with me beyond the I94 date?

B-2 extension for child care will not be approved.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Yes, she can apply for another extension. Just make sure she submits the supporting documents including an explanation of her reasons to request an extension. Once you become a citizen, you will be able to petition for your mom. Whether she will have to go through consular processing or adjustment of status depends on whether she is in the US at the time you are ready to file for her.

609-271-3573. This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

She can apply, but whether it will be granted is more problematic. Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Divorce