Can I appeal my property tax to small claims court in wisconsin

Asked over 4 years ago - Green Bay, WI

I appealled to BOR and the Taxed area but my appeal was denied

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Based on the two appeals you have already done, you may have no other avenue besides bringing a lawsuit. Tax litigation, though, is very specialized and you have to determine whether the cost involved justifies the potential for recovery. It is not recommended to sue for tax relief without experienced counsel to assist you.

    Small claims courts are designed to provide remedy for matters that are not complex. It is not likely that the tax dispute you have is anything other than complex.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,653 answers this week

2,996 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,653 answers this week

2,996 attorneys answering