Can I appeal my divorce if I was not granted any relief?

Asked 6 months ago - Houston, TX

My ex didn't fully cooperate during the discovery level. It was demonstrated that he was hiding money and properties. In the end, he has to pay low child support, and no relief was granted to me.

1. Dorothea Elaine Laster

Pro

1

Answered . If he was ordered to pay child support you were granted the relief of custody and child support at minimum. Meet with an attorney face to face before your appellate and motion for new trial deadlines pass.

2. Jennifer Elizabeth Wright

1

Answered . It depends. You need to consult with an attorney so you can discuss your case in more detail. Use the find a lawyer tab at the top of the page. There are deadlines for filing certain causes of action so I recommend consulting with an attorney as soon as possible.

3. Maria Sara Lowry

Answered . It sounds like you are paying the price of not having an attorney. Hire a lawyer now. Your options may be limited depending on how long it's been since the order.

4. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.

Pro

Answered . You need to file findings of fact and conclusions of law a.s.a.p. Then pull the record, hopefully you get the records within 30 days such that you can file a good motion for new trial. Whether or not you get a new trial does not matter, well it does, but you also need to preserve the record for appeal. Then you file your notice of appeal and start to work on the brief. Best to hire an attorney for this type of stuff.