Can I appeal a "guilty" plea to a DWLI?

Asked over 1 year ago - Katy, TX

I had a warrant out for my arrest due to a DWLI ticket that I forgot I had that I ended up having to plea guilty to. Now that has suspended my DL for the next 8 1/2 months. Is there any way that I can appeal that plea, or is there a way I am able to get the suspension lifted before September?

1. Richard Timothy Jones

4

Answered . You can apply for an occupational license to carry you through the suspension period. At this point the judge has likely lost jurisdiction.

Www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin DWI and DWLI Lawyer
    512-495-1813

2. Zev Goldstein

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . You can bring a "coram nobis" motion to have the judge void your guilty plea, but that is not really something you can do without a attorney,
    You could also just ask the judge to let you withdraw the plea, and explain that you didn't understand the consequences, and had plead guilty out of continence of yourself and the court.
    Good luck

3. Cynthia Russell Henley

3

Answered . You have 10 days after your guilty plea to appeal. You may be able to get a judge to grant you an occupational license, though. You will need to hire a lawyer. Chuck Stanfield in Houston is excellent in these matters.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220