Skip to main content

Can I aply for my mother green card in some time when when I aply for my citizen?

Baltimore, MD |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I have green card for more then eight years and want to aply for citizenship but to short time in waiting can I in some time to aply for my mom's green card.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. No you must be a citizen before you can apply for your mother.

    Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. I agree with Mr. Sham. You cannot file for both processes concurrently. You must become a U.S. Citizen first, then you can file for your mother.

    This information is provided as a courtesy based upon the limited information provided in your post and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

  3. You will be able to apply for your mother's green card as soon as you naturalize. Unfortunately, you can't physically submit the paper work before that.

    Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (646) 253-0516.

  4. I agree with my colleagues. You must become a citizen before you can petition for your mother.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics